Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beauty buys- January










Just a few beauty bits and peices that I've picked up along the way throughout January, I thought I'd share them with you as I love reading what things other people have bought!

As I'm lucky enough to go to the US usually a couple of times a month, it will come as no surprise to learn that one of the first places I head for as soon as the jet lag wears off, is Sephora. You cannot keep me out if the place, seriously. I'm considering having my wages paid directly to them each month to cut out the middle man!

I usually buy one or two things each trip, but I was particularly pleased with what I bought this time.

1. Origins Clear Improvement mask
I do love a good clay based mask, and this one is soothing to irritated, blemish prone skin as soon as you put it on.

2. Urban Decay De Slick setting spray
I used to own the All Nighter spray which was really good, but this is specifically for oily skin so I had to try it. It's SERIOUSLY GOOD. It gets me through a twelve hour flight still looking fresh at the other end. This is a purse sized spray (for those infuriating liquids bags at airport security) but I will definitely be buying a full sized version too.

3. Tarte Amazonian clay blusher in Doll Face
I originally wanted the cheek tint version of this (think NARS multiples) having seen it on Cupcakes and Cashmere many moons ago, but this particular shade seems to have been discontinued. This is a really pale but bright dolly pink colour, and the clay formula means it lasts forever on the cheeks. I think this will look much better with a tab in the summer though.

4. Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon
This was a freebie for cashing in some of my Sephora points, but I'd been wanting to try them for a while. So far I much prefer the formula to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, I think I'd prefer a stronger colour though so Ill maybe fork out for one next trip!

I also bought these Laura Mercier body cremes in the Space NK sale- every year at Christmas I log on as they slash the prices so much, it's worth putting the tin of quality streets down for two minutes to check it out as inevitably they will be gone by Boxing Day.
These are in the scents Creme Brûlée, Ambre Vanille, Fresh Fig and Almond Coconut Milk. All as delicious as they sound!

Finally after a horrific week at the airport with way too many delays and disruption, I decided to treat myself to a bottle of my favourite perfume ever, Flowerbomb.
I have so many perfumes already but this is one that I always come back to time and again. It's just so unashamedly girly and unique.

Have any of you bought any new beauty bits I should keep my eye out for?

No comments:

Post a Comment